18+ (21+ in U.S.) - Terms and conditions apply.
Review of bet365Nothing is left to chance at the world leading sports betting behemoth bet365
- Unbeatable odds on even the most obscure betting markets
- Twice the number of live streams each year compared to any given operator
- More In-Play action and pre-game opportunities than any other betting site
- -1250 available here is the best odds for home win in England - Montenegro.
100% up to €100*
in Bet CreditsUp to €100* in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit €5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. *or currency equivalent
Review of UnibetUnibet has provided online sports betting 'By Players, for Players' for over twenty years, and they show no sign of stopping
- Hard to beat odds on a slick modern platform
- Award winning apps, especially handy for In-Play betting
- Watch and bet on hundreds of live streamed events daily
Money back up to €25*
100% on 1st bet*Currency Equivalent refers to a Unibet currency calculation, not the current exchange rate. For example, €25 Risk-Free Bet is £20, 30 USD, 40 CAD. More currencies available.
Review of BetfairRedefining the online bookmaking scene at the turn of the century with Exchange Betting, Betfair is still miles ahead in the segment
- Be your own bookmaker or take on other punters' bets
- Competitive odds in the 'regular' sports book are also available
- The Exchange is a dream come true for Golf and Horse Racing punters
- You think Montenegro will win against England? Here you’ll get the best odds, +4000!
Money back up to €20
if first Exchange bet loses18+ New customers only. Bet up to €20 on the Betfair Exchange and get up to €20 refunded if your first bet loses in Cash. Bet must be placed within first 7 days of account opening. T&Cs apply.
Review of 888 SportThe international poker powerhouse is no stranger to sports, and 888 gives even the best betting sites a good run for their money
Bet $/€10 get $/€30
credited as 3 free bets18+ New customers only – Min. deposit of $/€10 using promo code 30fb - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least $/€10 placed on any sports market - Min. odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Deposit method and withdrawal restrictions apply & Full T&C’s apply
Review of bwinIconic bwin has been at the forefront of online gambling for two decades and sports betting is where they really shine
No Welcome Bonus
but plenty of promos
Review of BethardHard to beat odds and impeccable interface at Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s co-owned betting site
100% up to €50
on first deposit18+ Claim from the deposit menu before completing first deposit (min. €20), within 14 days from registration. Bonus can only be used in the sportsbook. Max bonus €50. The deposit and bonus needs to be wagered 4 times with min. odds 1.80 within 60 days before a withdrawal can be made. Only players from Germany, Denmark, Austria, Malta, Brazil, Chile, Ireland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Nigeria, New Zealand and Peru. T&Cs apply.
Review of LeoVegasThe ‘King of Mobile’ might be relatively new to the sports betting market, but be sure they are aiming for the lion’s share of it
varies by region
Reviews of Betting Sites - Data over Design
Besides fulfilling some minimum requirements - of holding a valid gambling license, ensuring that personal data are kept safe, and that games are fair – we here at ThePlayer.com have six main focus points when we evaluate a betting site.
- The Bets - sports available, type of odds, quality of odds, VIGs, etc.
- The Basics - usability, responsiveness, In-Play betting interface, etc.
- The Bits - extras like Cash-Out (Buy-Out), Bet Builders, mobile experience/apps, etc.
- The Bank - payment methods, withdrawal times/fees, limits, etc.
- The Bonuses - welcome bonus, recurring promotions, terms and conditions for rewards, etc.
- The Business - dependable company, other gambling verticals, licenses, etc.
These six areas have been selected for their measurability, which we as a data driven comparison site prefer over more subjective aspects like design and categorisation. It is easy to measure how fast a site loads, not that easy to measure ‘how good green looks’. Odds can be measured and compared, preferences in layout, not so much. We will offer our opinion on subjective matters but we will not let them determine our overall rating of a sports betting site. We will let the numbers talk, and leave the subjective to you, The Player.
What makes a good betting site?
The areas mentioned above are the building blocks of all online betting sites, and some bookmakers will build a castle, while others a shed - but some of us prefer to keep it simple, so what is most important is to identify what your needs are, and be aware that different betting sites are good at different things.
Sports betting is a very competitive business and being the best at everything is not possible – risk has to outweigh reward, and eye-catching odds are paid for by not so attractive ones. With this in mind it becomes obvious that it will not be financially feasible for a bookmaker to offer the best odds, in all markets, all the time. Fortunately for us, sports betting odds speak their clear language and by comparing odds we can make sure that we place our bets at the right time, and at the right place – but it might not always be at the same betting site.
The first week of Premier League or the NFL will have betting sites do everything they can (raise their odds, offer bonuses, etc.) to draw in new players, or reactivate old customers, only to lose focus completely a couple of weeks in when something else is in the spotlight. Some betting sites will chose to not even try to compete for the mainstream events and instead put their effort somewhere completely elsewhere. These are the kind of dynamics that drive betting markets, how good betting opportunities arises, and what we here at ThePlayer.com specialises in.
The best betting site will be the one where you get most value for your next bet
What we are trying to get at is, that to be able to fully utilise the services provided here on ThePlayer.com, you might have to sign up for several betting sites, and place your bets accordingly. For the casual gambler this might be overkill, but if you put down a lot of bets the fractions will add up over time.
If you reside in one of the below regions/countries you are either regulated locally by a licensing scheme (if you can click a region we will have you covered) or prohibited from online betting. If you do not find your country here, you are probably welcome to bet online with any of the sites above, but it is up to you to make sure that online betting is legal in your jurisdiction, and we make no claim as to this being a complete list.
- Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Armenia, Azerbaijan
- Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bonaire (Sint Eustatius and Saba), Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi
- Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Comoros, Congo (Democratic Republic of), Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Cuba, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic
- Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic
- Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia
- Fiji, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories
- Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana
- Haiti, Heard Island, Holy See (Vatican City State), Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary
- Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Ireland (sports betting prohibited), Israel, Italy
- Jamaica, Jordan
- Kazakhstan, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
- Lao People's Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania
- Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Micronesia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar
- Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island
- Pakistan, Palau, State of Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal
- Réunion, Romania, Rwanda
- Saint Barthélemy, Saint Helena (Ascension and Tristan da Cunha), Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin (French part), Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sint Maarten, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria
- Tajikistan, Tanzania (United Republic of), The Faroe Islands, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Uganda,
- United States of America (except Nevada, New Jersey and Pennsylvania) (and its dependencies, military bases and territories including but not limited to American Samoa, Guam, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands), United States Minor Outlying Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan
- Vanuatu, Virgin Islands (British), Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara
- Zambia, Zimbabwe